Leading Edge Data Centres enlists Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric has announced that Leading Edge Data Centres (LEDC), a company providing Regional Australian businesses and communities with greater access to distributed cloud will be utilising Schneider Electric’s prefabricated, certified edge data centre technology.
LEDC has enlisted Schneider Electric to design, build, commission and maintain its Tier III edge data centres. In addition to optimising reliability, Schneider Electric and LEDC will be working to drive the most efficient and robust solutions, including a series of edge data centres sized specifically to be most effective for the community they service.
“Leading Edge Data Centres was founded in 2019 with a mission to bridge the digital divide in Regional Australia. For years, regional Australian cities have put up with unreliable and costly internet connections, compared to their metropolitan counterparts. With Schneider Electric’s certified edge data centre, which can be quickly replicated in multiple regional sites across Australia, we are finally giving customers a more sustainable, cost-effective option and the ability to reliably access the cloud,” says LEDC CEO and Founder, Chris Thorpe.
Improving connectivity for customers
According to the two companies, collaborating with Schneider Electric enables LEDC to offer the following:
- Accessibility and choice – By providing greater choice of direct cloud access, customers can enjoy faster connectivity through the network of edge data centres across regional Australia.
- Stability and reliability – With secure, Tier III certified edge data centres, customers can withstand even the toughest of extreme Australian weather conditions, providing redundancy and fault tolerance, as well as power outage protection.
- Benefits to regional Australia – Measurable benefits to local and national customers include improved connectivity, competitive hosting, and the ability to develop IoT and smart cities across Australia through innovative growth infrastructure.
With support and innovation from Schneider Electric, LEDC will design and build a reliable prefabricated, replicable, and certified edge data centre, that will save its customers up to 80% of that cost.
“Amid today’s global pandemic, remote working became a necessity and digital disparities became more obvious. By partnering with Schneider Electric, LEDC has kick-started production, focusing on improved connectivity and reliability, along with options for cost-effective network rollout,” said Joe Craparotta, VP Strategic Customers & Segments at Schneider Electric.
- Edge computing vital in the evolution of the metaverseCritical Environments
- How are edge data centres improving their efficiencies?Technology & AI
- Oracle unveils new infrastructure platform Oracle AlloyCritical Environments
- Vantage Data Centers starts phase two of Phoenix campusCritical Environments